Cakes are not that difficult to make as you think. I said so because I never tried it for a while. The main reasons that I never tried cakes were, I do not have an electric oven or OTG and also an electric beater.
Trust me, you can make yummy cakes even without an electric oven or an electric beater. Here is a simple recipe of Black Currant cake with no oven!
Do You Really Need Cake equipment?
To tell the truth, those machines really save us a lot of effort and time. But not having those machines is not a fair reason saying ‘NO’ to baking! In this recipe, I have used my electric beater which I purchased recently. It is really easier and time efficient to prepare toppings and also to beat eggs.
The better is to try cakes even without those machines and later you can buy as you develop the baking skills!
Let’s jump to the recipe now!
Better you Bake, better the Cake!
Steamed black currant cake with Idly pot. Easy to make cake with an idli pot or any steamer. You can also use a microwave or OTG and bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 180 degree celsius (settings might change depending on the machine).
Room Temperature – Black Currant Cake with No Oven
Also, use all the ingredients at room temperature except ingredients like whipping cream or so. As they melt at room temperature and you need to take out from refrigerator only at the time you use. Here is another cake recipe you can try – Upside Down Pineapple Cake.
The topping that I used is a simple one prepared with condensed milk, black currant crush, and cream cheese. You can just use the black currant crush and it tastes good. Let’s jump to the Black Currant cake with no oven recipe with no delay!
Black currant cake recipe
- 2 No Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1/4 Cup Black Currant Crush
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Beat the eggs with an electric blender or hand mixer.
- Add the milk to the beaten eggs.
- Now add oil. You can also use butter at room temperature for a better taste.
- Add the black currant crush.
- Just powder the sugar in a mixer jar and add to the mixture
- Mix them all.
- Now add the flour.
- And mix well.
- Add salt.
- Then Baking powder.
- and Baking soda. Mix them well and the batter is ready.
- Grease a baking tray and pour the batter. Gently tap twice to release air bubbles.
- Pre-heat an idly pot or steamer with about 2 cups of water.
- Now steam the cake for 30 minutes or until it's baked.
- Once done, allow it to cool down. Gently flip over a plate and the spongy cake is ready.
- You can have it as such or add toppings of your choice.
- Yummy, spongy black currant cake is ready!
Any Other Flavor?
Obviously, with this cake batter as a base recipe, you can try chocolate flavored cake just by substituting the Black Currant with Chocolate. You can mix all the dry ingredients first and that’s for an easy cake!
Baking Cake in a Pressure Cooker
Just bake in different cake pans of different sizes to form cake layers too! When you make a pressure cooker cake, you can bake in a standard size and then cut out the cake shape as you desire. So Bake without Oven and do let us know how your Black Currant Cake tasted?
Do follow us on