WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR AND JAGGERY CAKE
Pineapple cakes are delicious and it’s the sourness that adds a good taste! Have you ever tried an upside down pineapple cake? You can even top it with slices of pineapples but baking it along increases the whole flavor of the cake. Here are some Cup Cake Ideas for Christmas.
Pineapple cake with wheat & jaggery!
This is a wholesome cake made with wheat flout and jaggery for sweetness. If you feel like replacing any of the ingredients, it works well! (Until you use the same measures).
People say that all-purpose flour cakes only taste good! But it is not so. You can even try cakes with oats flour other than wheat. All you need to do is to adjust the ingredients accordingly.
What can you replace?
Here, instead of wheat flout you can just use oats or even sooji. You can just grind the oats in a mixer jar to make a fine powder. Use Sooji or rava as such with or without making a fine powder. It tastes different when you use coarse sooji, you can feel it in every bite! Try our Bombay rava Pineapple Kesari recipe that tastes yummy!
Upside Down Pineapple Cake Recipe
- Baking tray
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Hand beater
- Heavy bottom vessel
- 1/2 fruit Pineapple
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Jaggery
- 1 tsp Butter For greasing the tray
- 500 gms Rock Salt For baking
- Cut Pineapple into pieces.
- Add half of the portion to a blender and keep some for baking.
- Add little water while blending
- Filter the blended pineapple
- Fresh Pineapple juice is ready. It gives good aroma to the cake.
- Preheat a heavy bottom vessel.
- Add rock salt into the vessel before heating it.
- Add oil into the pineapple juice.
- Break eggs into it.
- Beat well.
- Place a seive on top of the mixing bowl.
- Add whole wheat flour.
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Sieve them to get it mixed well.
- Just a mix.
- Now, add jaggery into the mixture.
- Mix them well and the cake batter is ready
- Grease a baking tray with butter.
- Spread a baking paper or foil over the tray.
- Again grease butter over the paper.
- Arrange the pineapple pieces on the tray.
- Pour the cake batter.
- Tap the tray twice to release air bubbles, if any.
- Place a stand inside the preheated vessel.
- Place the baking tray over the stand. Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Check whether its baking by inserting a knife or stick. It comes out clean!
- The leftover salt can be stored and reused.
- Let the cake cool for a while.
- Topple it over a plate & remove the paper.
- Cut and serve.
- It's so soft & fluffy!
Other Pineapple Recipes to try:
Here are few pineapple recipes that I have come across. Pineapple Rasam Recipe tastes good on tongue and feels good on health! If you wanna try some creamy filling recipe, try this Fresh Pineapple Raita recipe.
Just give it a try and share your comments! The full video is available on our YouTube channel “Let’s Cook Like Experts”
Do follow us on