Both these are easy to make sweet puddings and kids favorite too! We make sweets or desserts once in a while. But during this lockdown with no option to buy from shops, it is better to prepare at home. Also, we ensure that it’s prepared hygienically and with all healthy ingredients. For example, we can replace white sugar with jaggery or brown sugar, etc.
Let’s look at the Recipe Card.
Below is the Recipe Card for Chocolate Bread Pudding
Here is the Recipe video link.
Step-by-Step explanation of the Recipes with photographs.
Coating a tray with Chocolate mixture:
- Mix Cocoa Powder(1 tsp) & Jaggery (2 tsp) in a bowl
- Add 1/2 tsp ghee and alittle water and prepare the chocolate mixture.
- Coat a Baking tray (made of aluminium or any metal) with the chocolate mixture.
Coating a tray with Caramel mixture:
- Sprinkle Sugar (3 tsp) on a baking tray (made of aluminium or any metal).
- Heat the tray on medium flame.
- Allow the sugar to caramelise & stir occassionally.
- Spread the caramel mixture evenly on the baking tray.
Preparing the Pudding:
- Boil milk (1 li – half litre for caramel bread pudding & half litre for chocolate bread pudding recipe)
- Add 1/2 cup Jaggery or suger
- Mix 4 tsp of Vanilla Custard Powder (2 tsp for each recipe) with 100ml of water.
- Add this mixture to the boiled milk & stir.
- Keep the flame on medium.
- Add a pinch of salt & add bread crumbs. Allow it to boil.
- Once boiled, pour the mixture on the coated trays.
- Steam both the trays for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool down. You may refrigerate.
- Topple over a plate. Cut into pieces & serve.
Steps- 1 & 2:
Steps – 3 & 4:
Steps – 5 & 6:
Step – 7:
Step – 8: Steaming with an idli steamer
Steaming with any vessel and a lid
Steam for 20 minutes in medium flame
Step – 9: Allow to cool completely
Step-10: Topple over a plate
Chocolate bread pudding, after toppling. Spread the chocolate from the bowl.
Decorate with Fruits or Nuts or leaves.
Important Note: Cool completely before cutting into pieces. Otherwise, it may not set properly.
Do follow us on